CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

the meebo is back...sort of...

The new OtherSide meebo:
http://www.meebo.com/rooms

March 8, 2009

The Play, the Potluck, and the Cast Party

Here's the exciting story of the play, the 'potluck', and the cast party.

The Potluck
- Okay, so there was this "potluck". I was told about it when we were in the changing room getting into our costumes before the actual show, before green room, before everything. It was going to be during intermission in the girls' dressing room. From the way people talked about it (nonchalantly), I figured that it was fine with the directors and stuff. I also was told to stay in my spot after the bows and stuff, because everyone was going to present the co-directors, the costume ladies, and the student director with flowers in front of the audience.
- Well, come to find out in the middle of the first half that it was TOTALLY not okay with the directors, because everyone was whispering and talking about how much trouble they (NOT me. Not a chance.) would be in if they got caught. Come intermission, everyone rushed to the dressing room except for the smart people (including me, Brynn, Katie V., and Allison B.), who stayed in the backstage holding room.
- A few minutes through, I went into the dressing room later, because I'd forgotten my hair clip (and noticed during the last song of first act. I know, I'm so observant.) and had to get it from my bag. There was a circle of girls, mostly popular ones but some not-so-popular ones, each with a HUGE bag of chips, cookies, candy, and even a few people with actual JARS of frosting. I almost barfed right there. So I got my hair clip and went back to the H.R., where I told Katie about what I saw. She gagged just hearing about it.
- Then Katie and I went down to the costume room to get one of her buttons fixed. Yay, super-important. Then we went back to the H.R. to told everyone else, and Robyn (this REALLY annoying girl) was like "Oh em gee! I am telling MaryJane about this." And then she walked out of the room, and I came with. Turns out that she ran into Stephanie (the other costume lady) first, and she spilled the beans, with me adding details every few words. Then Stephanie went down the hallway, we went back to the H.R. to wait it out, and the "lookout" for the dressing room totally freaked out and ran into the room.
- Well, they hid all the food (really badly) and said that they were "practicing the songs" when they were asked why they were all in there. Stephanie didn't buy it, but no one got in all that much trouble. Later on, I heard that MaryJane thought that they were doing drugs! xD
- Anyway, then Kelsey (another really annoying girl, who's practically glued to my side most of the time) comes into the H.R. and goes, "Oh gosh, I hope I don't get in trouble for the potluck. I had like one chip." She looked really worried. I almost fell down laughing. When I'd walked in to get my clip, her mouth had been absolutely exploding with a variety of things, and she'd been reaching into a huge bag of Oreos as she munched. So I told her what I saw, she denied it (of course), and we finished the second half. All was normal.
The Cast Party
- After the bows and the flower-giving and stuff, we all ran to the dressing room, changed at the speed of light so that we could get to the cast party. The idiots who started the potluck were still gourging themselves. When everyone FINALLY cleaned up (including a trio of really dumb sixth graders who decided to go get a 20 minute-long drink right when the directors were coming in to check that we were cleaned up), we went to the lunchroom to get started.
- We all ate 2 pieces of this REALLY good pizza, drank about 4 cans of Mtn Dew each, then got up to dance. We danced for a while, did "trivia questions" (I got a $10 DQ gift card for answering "How many holes does a 10-pin bowling pin have?" I mean, no DUH!!), and finally -- FINALLY!! - did mock awards.
The Mock Awards
Mock Awards are basically these little tiny pieces of colored paper with a random thing about you on them. (A few examples: Robyn was "Hyper Honey", Kelsey was "Tag-along" [HECK YES!!!!], and Brynn was "Look-alike Lady" [because of her older bro, Bryce, who was the lead last year.]) I got "One-Hat Wonder", because I wore my hat to almost every practice. I knew it was going to be about that hat... I knew it!! xD No, literally, right when they started the Mock Awards I whispered to Katie, "Watch mine be like "Hat Girl" or something." Anyway, they were really fun.

And that's pretty much it... I stayed at the party until about 2am or so, when they all but kicked us out the door. Katie went home at midnight, Kelsey (thank goodness) went home at 12:30, and Brynn stayed the whole time. Paige and Genesis didn't try out, even though Genesis has a rockin' voice. :(

ADIOSES!

Peace, Love, and Llamas!
-Emiliano

0 replies so far!:

My picatures

Some pics of my friends and me <3