CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

the meebo is back...sort of...

The new OtherSide meebo:
http://www.meebo.com/rooms

August 23, 2009

Valleyfair!!

OK, so I went to a local amusement park, Valleyfair, today with Kaliyan and my friend Brynn, and...I don't know. Here's a post about it. Cuz I wanna.

We went in, and went on Enterprise, which is a cool ride where you sit in this cage-like thing and go around in a circle and are almost upside-down, even though you're not strapped in or anything. Anyway, Kaliyan and I sang "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz, which was really fun too. :D Then we went on some other rides, which were cool but not like OMG YAY THAT'S SO AMAZINGLY AWESOME WOOOOOOO.

And then we got to the Looping Starship.

Now, I'm getting ahead of myself. Beforehand, while we were walking in between rides, we were being high and decided to do something we'd read about on MLIA. So, we just walked normally with our hands up, and asked cool people for high-fives (there weren't many). I got 11 total, I think, and Kaliyan got 2 because she wasn't asking.

But THEN, when we were in line for the Looping Starship, I told Kaliyan to ask this blonde boy/guy/kid who was standing next to her for a high-five. She looked at me funny, but did, and he high-fived her. Real exciting, right? Yeah, well, it gets better.

So when we get on the ride, he's in our row (along with others, of course), and Kaliyan goes, "We should yell 'I'm on a boat'." Because the ride was shaped like a boat. I agreed, and added that we should do it when we were upside-down for the first time. We passed it along the row to dude-from-the-line and another kid. And we learned that dude-from-the-line dropped his hat in chocolate ice cream, which is sucky.

Soon we (Kaliyan and I) were going "Not yet...wait for it...next time for sure! Okay...okay, maybe next time...wait for it...go! I'M ON A BOAT!!!" while Brynn was just sitting there, thinking we were weirdos. Soon blonde-kid and the other kid joined in, and then blonde-kid goes "WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE FAST FOOD?" really loud. Some people shouted out stuff like "Burger King", "Wendy's", "Arby's", "McDonald's", etc (Kaliyan and I both said McDonald's). He goes "REALLY? CUZ I LIKE SUBWAY. EAT FRESH!!!!" and everyone changed their answers to Subway. Yeah. He was cool.

So we kept yelling stuff, and by the end of the ride we'd decided that our row was the awesomest. Then, when we got off, Kaliyan asked blonde-kid for a hug. He gave her the classic "WTF" look, and said no. But then he turned back, probably to go get something or something, and Kaliyan just hugged him. So I hugged him too. :D

Then we went onto...one of the roller coasters (I forgot. Teehee. Renegade? Wild Thing? I dunno), and dude-from-the-line was there. Kaliyan said that we hadn't asked what his name was, so of course I yell (he's about 5 people in front of us), "Hey dude! What's your name?" His name is Collin. I don't know how many L's there are, though, since I didn't ask him about that.

Aaaanyway, immediately after I asked his name he started being very involved with something on his phone. Kaliyan and I both agree that he was trying to avoid us. Then we went on the ride and had a good time and afterward didn't see him again. Which was too bad, cuz it was kinda fun to "stalk" him.

Um. Then we rode more rides and got really wet and got Dippin' Dots, which were good. Brynn kept dropping hers all over. It was kinda funny. Anyway, that's the thing about Collin.

Other news:
- Kaliyan made me go on the Steel Venom, which is this thing that's U shaped, with the right side of the U all twisty, and you sit in a hangy-downy seat and go rocketing from left to right, going straight up and straight down at like a bajillion miles per hour. Surprisingly, it wasn't all that scary. Which is good.
- I got wet on a ride I've never gotten wet on before. Which isn't really that great, but I felt like posting about it since I really can't think of anything to post that you people would care about...so I'm trying to fill up space. :D
- Also got SOAKING wet on a ride that I usually get soaking wet on. Which I kind of already mentioned.
- Then, after getting soaking wet, we got Dippin' Dots. Mine were chocolate, Kaliyan got Cookie Dough, and Brynn (she who dropped a lot of them) got Cookies 'n' Cream. They were very yummy, especially since I was craving ice cream.
- Kaliyan and I (and my mom) also got Mountain Dew there. VERY NUTRITIOUS. Good job, us. (FYI, we were there from 11am-6pm. So Dippin' Dots and Mtn Dew was basically our lunch. Again, good job, us.)
- Uhhhh, and ummmm...I discovered that Kaliyan's braces, supposedly black and lime green, are black and this diluted whitish-seafoam color that looks like it'd be glow-in-the-dark lime green or something, but it's not. Which is really sad. Poor Kaliyan.
- On the topic of braces, I got mine on Wednesday. They're lime green (like, actually lime green), teal, and cobalt, and they don't hurt at all any more. Yaaaay!! :D Anywho, yeah, that's a pretty major-ish thing that I didn't post about. I mean, it's only taken up a bullet point so far, and half the bullet point is me explaining that I haven't posted about it. Including that sentence. So you know, I'm just gonna shut up now.
- I'm Plurking, and randomly wanting some chocolate milk. Hm. I'm weird.
- Just realized that I'm writing about my braces and Plurk and chocolate milk now, so I'm kind of straying from the topic...so I'll stop posting because I don't really have anything to say any more.

/ | \ -- |
\/|\/ - .
-Emilee
P.S: READ KALIYAN'S POST TOO!!! *nodnod* She posted about some of the same things as me (about Valleyfair at least), but in different words. So read her post too. Yep.
P.P.S: Be sympathetic to Rae, who's starting school tomorrow. But she gets more holidays than the rest of us (saints' days, etc) since she goes to a Catholic school...so I guess that's OK. Either way, sorry Rae. :( I'll miss you and I hope that Wing It still gets updated often.
P.P.P.S: On the subject of updating, sorry to Rae and others that Fandom is totally stuck right now. HAHA I'll go try to write some of that.
P.P.P.P.S: Kaliyan just posteded her post. I should post mine now too. So BYE.

2 replies so far!:

Spencer said...

And WHY didn't you take me with you? Hmmm?

Sounds like you had a great time. :D And the reason I'm being sociable and commenting is that Nate's moping because I, and I quote, "care more about the people online than me."

Meanwhile you folks are complaining that I, quote, "suddenly got a life and decided to hang out with my real-life friends." I think I'll take your advice and balance the two...

Maybe. If I feel charitable.

Anyway, why didn't you take me with you?? Meany. You're just so hurtful, Em. It's, um, hurtful how hurtful you are.

Yeah. Peace out, homey.

Spencer said...

Oh, by the way, just noticed the cute little note that you put above the comment box. Just for that, I'm going to break the rules. Uh-oh, you're thinking. Spencer's gonna break the rules. *le gasp* Here I go...

No shit, Sherlock, I am going to break the damn rules. 'Cause I'm just an ass that way.

Okay, that's all. Just wanted to use a few cuss words, be a rebel, all that jazz.

Peace out, sista.

...By the way, for your info, I was going to say that I was being a Maverick, but... well, I'm sure you share those memories with me, don't you? Yeah. I would rather not have them, actually...

My picatures

Some pics of my friends and me <3